Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunrise Bhd 66% profit and a good lesson for me


Sunrise Berhad (Sunrise) is engaged in property development and investment holding. Its subsidiaries include Ascot Assets Sdn. Bhd., Aston Star Sdn. Bhd., Cekap Kawal Sdn. Bhd., Interior Design One Sdn. Bhd., Laser Tower Sdn. Bhd., Lembah Suria Sdn. Bhd., Lucky Bright Star Sdn. Bhd., Sunrise Alliance Sdn. Bhd. and Sunrise Century Sdn. Bhd., among others. On August 23, 2007, the Company announced its acquisition of Sunrise International Development Ltd. On September 13, 2007, the Company announced that Sunrise Oscar Sdn. Bhd., a wholly owned subsidiary company, has acquired the remaining 20% interest in Sunrise DCS Sdn. Bhd. On August 1, 2008, the Company announced the dissolution of its foreign subsidiary company, Sunrise Project Services Ltd.

I like Sunrise because it is fundamentally strong and it pays good dividend.

On 16 Feb 2009, I bought 4000 shares of Sunrise at RM1.25. During that time it was trading near its resistance at RM1.21.

I must admit, I did a big mistake. I should had waited till the downtrend is broken, then only i enter the trade. I did not, as a result, Sunrise kept on dropping till RM0.90. I did not cut lose because it was a small part of my portfolio and Sunrise was fundamentally strong. I hold it for 6 months.

Although I made a mistake in this trade, I think it was a "good" mistake. I learn from this trade. Every time when I am about to open a position on a trade, it will remind me not to make the same mistake again. Since then, I only open a position after a downtrend is broken and close a position after an uptrend is broken. Most of the time, i trade the stock is near its support/resistance.

Today i sold all my Sunrise stock at RM2.07. Sunrise has been moving side way since the last few trading days while most of the stocks in KLSE had a big drop. I really think a short term correction is coming.

I make 66% profit from this trade and gain a good experience/lesson which is priceless. I am so glad i traded Sunrise.

Ok, good everyone.

GOon

No comments:

Post a Comment