Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mulpha




Mulpha International Berhad is engaged in investment holding. The Company, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property development and investments; hotels and service apartments ownership and operations. Other activities of the subsidiaries include manufacture and distribution of paints and trading, servicing and rental of construction equipments. The Company operates in four segments: property, which comprises property development and investments and car park operation; hospitality, which consists of hotel and service apartments’ ownership and operations; manufacturing, which involves manufacture and sale of paints, and general trading, which comprises trading and rental of construction equipments. Other operations of the Company comprise investment in securities. On September 19, 2008, the Company acquired 38% interest in Rotol Singapore Ltd. Mulpha Land Berhad disposed of Purnama Suri Sdn Bhd on February 13, 2008. In July 2009, the Company acquired Rosetec Investments Limited.

One of the reasons i bought Mulpha was because Mulpha was one of the public listed company which down most in 2008. The news was published in The Star a few months ago. Besides Mulpha, in the report Zelan, Pelikan and LCL were also the companies which down most in 2008. I like to buy the stock that down most. Currently Pelikan and LCL are still part of my portfolio.

I have uploaded the 3-year chart for Mulpha and you all can see it for yourself. It is a "beautiful" chart. I cant resist myself, so I bought 10000 shares at RM0.375 on 16 April 2009 and another 10000 shares at RM0.415 on 27 April 2009.

To be honest, I did not apply any technical skill when i chose to buy Mulpha. I just noticed the downtrend had broken and it become uptrend starting around mid of April 2009. without further ado, I just grabbed it and it turned out to be a good trade. I said to myself, if Mulpha manage to go back to its early 2008 or 2007 share prices, i would have gained a whopping 400-600% of profit, so I thought if Mulpha could not hit 400%, maybe it could let me reap 100%.

I sold all my Mulpha on 16 July 2009 at RM0.53. Outcome of the trade, I manage to gain around 34%. The reason is not i cease to like Mulpha anymore. I have an opinion that since the current short-term downtrend has been broken, maybe I can try my luck with Mulpha-wa (Mulpha warrant) for higher leverage.

I notice mulpha-wa dropped more than 50% since last month.

Let's pray my mulpha-wa would turn out to be a fantastic trade too.

No comments:

Post a Comment